Wednesday, July 6, 2011

7/5/11

Glad to hear everything is going good ! To answer your questions: There are a lot of less active members, we don't have any solid investigators right now, but we keep on trucking along. Elder McCord has 7 brothers and 1 sister and he is the third youngest. He goes home a month from today !! I'm gonna miss him cause we are having a good time together. The ward here is amazing !!! Tell Stacy to not worry cause we get fed a ton here and I am gaining weight back !!!! HAHA But we hike mountains when we tract and the elevation is not too shabby. I finally saw a bear !!!!! It was awesome !!!!!!! One of the families in the ward have a cow who just had its baby calf yesterday, it is so cool to see this little cow already walking around and stuff, and its really soft too ! For the 4th of July the ward had a breakfast and then we stopped by a few get together and basically got fed tons of food. While we were tracting yesterday, people were like, "its too hot for you boys to be out!" It cracks me up cause its amazing weather for July !!! It was a really good day for me yesterday because the 4th of July took on a whole new meaning for me. As we celebrate the day of our Independence I came to understand that, this day made it possible for the Restoration of the gospel to come about. This promise land was prepared for the great truths that we have today and I am so grateful to be an American and am grateful for those who serve in our military to defend our country. I love you all and am so very,very grateful for your love and support! Have fun at the reunion !!! Tell everyone that I love and miss them !!!

Love,
Elder Hathcock

No comments:

Post a Comment