Wednesday, June 27, 2012

6.17.12

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY POP's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all you do and for the great father you have been to me in my life. As always, I pray I can be half the man you are ! Hope you have a glorious Father's Day.


It was a busy week of meetings, but they have been very revelatory and the things we discussed were exactly what our mission needs. I am so grateful for my knowledge of the Spirit. It truly is as the scriptures say. The Spirit testifies of truth and of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know of the truths I am apart of because the Spirit of God has confirmed them to me. Elder Bischoff is having a tough time accepting that his mission is coming to an end. He is a great missionary and you know by what he says and does that he loves his Savior Jesus Christ. We have been pretty worn out and are grateful that we will have a "p-day" tomorrow to be able to recoup.


In our meetings this past week we had the privilege to watch a talk by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland (a member of the quorum o the 12 Apostles) that he gave in the "MTC" just TWO DAYS after I left, on Jan-11-2011. I barely missed it !!! Anyways, he talks about the experience that Peter has in (St John ch 21). There are so many things that I got from this talk that have been beneficial but there is one thing in particular that stood out on Friday. It is where he talks about "leaving our nets." I thought about the "nets" I have left behind in my life in order to serve God and how I NEVER want to return to them. It is something that I invite us all to do, is to think of the "nets" in our lives that we can do without. As we let go of these "nets" I know we will be happier and will see countless blessings in our lives. A question we can ask ourselves everyday is "do I love Him?" If you love him then feed his sheep. I love my Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ, I am NOTHING without them. I love you all and am grateful for your love, support and prayers.

Elder Hathcock

--
Tyler wrote this about his cousin Cory's mission call to Houston Texas Spanish Speaking: AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEHAW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment