Tuesday, May 31, 2011

HI YA'LL !!!!!!! Both my companions have been district leaders Maa, so there is no difference. My new comp kind of looks like cousin Clyde. It trips me out. Brent was baptized on Sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is such a great kid ! His dad came and had a really awesome experience and we are now teaching him !!! I am so pumped ! The Lord has blessed us here in Colby. Yesterday it meant a lot because we went over to their house [Brent and his dad (Brad)] and had dinner. Brad told us that he considers us family now, that really meant a lot. He is really proud of the decision his son Brent has made. Brad is a very humble man and I know that the spirit will confirm to him that the gospel is true. We had zone conference yesterday and it was a very memorable one. It was the last one we will have with president and sister Pfile. It was an emotional one but very spiritually uplifting. There is an Elder Hansen in my district who is going home in 3 weeks along with president and sister Pfile. He is such a character, I love this guy. He has been through a lot on his mission too... one thing is that the apartment he and his companion were living in burnt down along with everything that they owned. He comes from a very big family with not a lot of money. He is a farm boy from Idaho. Anyways I am gonna miss him a lot. He bore his testimony at zone conference and it touched my heart. I can't express how grateful I am to be a missionary and to be numbered among these amazing young men who are serving the Lord right along with me. We have a very united district, and are seeing miracles through hard work, obedience, and prayer. I gave a talk this last Sunday on one of my favorite talks by Elder Joseph B. Worthlin, of the quorum of the 12 Apostles. It is titled, "Come what may, and love it!" I talked about the importance how we react to adversity in our lives. Depending on how we react can determine how happy and successful we will be in life. I am very grateful for the opportunities I have to learn and grow from adversity in my life as a missionary. Sister Pfile said that when you are going through adversity, you need to turn to God and ask, "what would you have me learn?" I know it is so true, when we go through tough times the Lord wants to see who we will turn to. I have had many of these growing experiences within these past 2 weeks and I am grateful !


I love you all !!!!


P.s. tell Ryan and Julie thanks for the letter but I didn't get it ! HAHA It got damaged in handling, so they sent it to me but there was no letter ... just the envelope :[ thank you though Ryan and Julie !




Love, Elder Hathcock

No comments:

Post a Comment