Monday, August 29, 2011

8.29.11

Well Josh got sick this past week which was a bummer and so he didn't make it to church. But the good news, is that he has Sundays off of work from now on !!! Thank you for the prayers on his behalf. His 9 yr old daughter is such a character. He told us a story about her the other day. They went somewhere and there was this guy who I guess was looking really grubby and Haylee says,"Look at that dirtball dad." HAHA So Josh says to her,"Thats not nice Haylee, you shouldn't judge people." She looks up at him and says,"Gosh dad, you've been talking to the Mormons too much." HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I about died laughing !!! If you knew her it is so much funnier. She has the cutest little raspy voice and she is just awesome !! We had this old guy that came to church yesterday and we were pumped that he came !!!! He had a great experience and knew a lot of people. Mr. Fields is his name. I had an amazing experience yesterday concerning the sacrament. The past few days I was just feeling really empty like the spirit was just not with me and it was rough. Then yesterday right when I took the bread and bowed my head to give thanks I was filled with the spirit so strongly !!! It was amazing and strengthened my testimony of the Lords promise, that as we take the sacrament we are able to have his spirit to continue to be with us. I am so grateful for the blessing of being able to partake of the sacrament that has been blessed by Gods priesthood authority. I now know that I dont ever wanna miss being able to partake of the sacrament every week !!!! It was like the Lord said,"You're forgiven! Now keep pressing forward and work hard !" :] Some other cool news is that I have a second cousin in the ward here !!! Sister Porter, I think her first name is Denise. Her Grandad is Virgil Hathcock !!!! It is a small world ! Her kids were talking about grandma Hathcock and it was so cool. I was like "I have a grandma Hathcock too !" Sister Porter went on to tell me about more family that lives in Alamosa and Monte Vista. I know I will be sent there sometime during my mission !!! Tell Derek that I said thank you for his example and that I love him and am glad he is home safe ! I love you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. HAPPY B-DAY PAPPY AND KIMMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU BOTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Hathcock
--
I keep forgetting to tell you Maa ... I eat onions now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a miracle !!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAAA !!!! Its so funny cause I was just forced to eat then and then all the sudden I was like,"This is really good!" If onions are available for a meal I put them on ! I love purple onion !!! :] thought you'd like to know. Love you !!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment