Tuesday, January 3, 2012

01.02.12

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am pumped about this year that lies ahead !!!!!! So many goals and things to accomplish !!!!!

Tommy came to church yesterday and had a GLORIOUS experience !!!!! It was amazing cause he shared an experience in our class of when we first came across him. He was walking from some apartments and we approached him and i talked to him. I asked if we could come by his home in the near future to share a message and he was hesitant at first but then agreed. He went on to tell us that he was going to decline at first but then something told him to say yes. He was on his way to get ahold of an old "friend" to get him a ride to Florida which would have put him back in a bad situation that he didnt want to be in. After we had met him he called the "friend " and told him nevermind. He went on to say how happy he is that he did that cause he has been praying a lot and reading the Book of Mormon and he keeps having really good feelings about everything. It strengthened my testimony so much of how the Lord puts us in places where we need to be, to be instruments in his hands. The Holy Ghost was what Tommy had telling him to meet with us and now he is preparing to be baptized this Saturday. His humility has brought him to where he is today and now he is taking the first step to coming closer to our Savior. Then preparing himself to enter the Lords holy temple someday.

I was so grateful for the opportunity/blessing I had to go to the Denver Temple on the 28th of December. It was a great reminder of the covenants I have made and also where i want those who I help find the truth of the gospel, prepare to enter. It helped me keep my focus on "the eternal perspective." I testify that our Father in Heaven lives and loves us all and that his son Jesus Christ is our savior and redeemer. The Holy Ghost is what testifies of these truths to us. Knowing these things have changed my life and continue to change my life for the better. You cannot compare this kind of happiness with anything else.

I pray that all of you have a blessed new year. I LOVE you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Elder Hathcock

No comments:

Post a Comment