Monday, March 28, 2011

3/28/11

Sounds like you and Pops had a great weekend for his B-Day. I'm glad to hear that. I am really bummed cause the Trail girls didn't get to watch the broadcast cause they were sick ! We had a pretty intense week. Skyler(the 12 yr old boy who is the PM family I told you we were working with) was all set to be baptized, you could see the change in the kid and he bore testimony of the B.O.M and Joseph Smith and was excited to be baptized. He had his baptismal interview on Thursday and was good to go. They were even having friends from the Colorado Springs area to come and baptize him. Anyways, long story short, we get a call from Skyler's mom (sis Gee) and she says that the baptism is postponed, Skyler talked to his grandparents and isn't sure now. We can't believe what were hearing (and there's a lot more to this story but I am not the fastest typer in the world and don't have all day to write details but anyways) ... Skyler basically got anti'd by his grandparents and we were asked to help them start their garden Saturday morning, not the grandparents but the Gee families garden. HA! So we get there and we ask to talk to the family together before we start the garden stuff. Long story short, the Lord guided us through the visit, the spirit was strong, Sis Gee made it clear to Skyler this is his decision and for him to do what he knows God wants him to do ! ... Skyler was baptized yesterday !!!!!!!! WOO HOO !!!!!! It was a wonderful service and the Mayfield family from Colorado(their friends) made it for the baptism. I am so grateful for the guidance given to me and my comp. through God, that's the only reason this all worked out. It was a very trying time but righteousness prevailed !!!


Now I've got a funny story to tell :] So Elder Andersen and I are outside in front of the church after the baptism talking to a younger newly wed couple in the branch (Charlie and Steffani) and all the sudden Charlie says, "look at that turkey!" We turn around and there is a big Ole turkey running through the parking lot and into the grass area of this "old folks home" next to the church. So without thinking twice Charlie takes off after it (HAHAHA and I'm thinking to myself, "that's country living") So I'm laughing and saying, "get him Charlie !" Then I'm thinking to myself ... I'm gonna get in on this and I take off in my suit after the turkey ! The turkey gets kind of cornered in by this old folks home and thinks a window is open and smashes into it and then bounces off it !!! HAHAHAHAAA !!! So then it starts running again and I'm right next to it running along side it and I'm going pretty fast and I'm all pumped like, "Ya baby, I'm gonna grab this thing by its neck!" and I'm getting close when all the sudden I get to the grass with a little snow on it and ... WHOA, WIT,WHOA !!!!! I'm down sliding on my belly for like 10 feet !!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHHAAAA I was so bummed and we were all cracking up ! The dawg gawn turkey got away ! And the best part is ... Elder Andersen had his camera on him and recorded the whole thing !!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAA Can't wait for you to see it someday. Well I love you all and please don't let anyone write to my exact address- you need to have them write to the mission address please (that goes for Stacy too !!!) Love you Toots ;] And thank you so much Maa for the package !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so awesome !!! Contacts, vitamins, Emergen-C, all kinds of wonderful things to get, I was very thankful !!!
Heather Parker sent me an awesome package too with the perfect things that I wanted( love you Heath !!!)


I'm working hard and have a feeling I am getting transferred which is sad but ill be alright. I love Elder Andersen, he has been a great trainer. I love you all and am grateful for all your love,prayers and support.

P.s. well I don't know where my patriarchal blessing is but I'm pretty sure I looked everywhere, ill check again

1 comment: